[FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE]


Contact:

Jim Schoemehl Committee

Phone: (314) 963-6400

Fax: (314) 963-6483

jims5krun@gmail.com

100 Selma Ave.

Webster Groves, MO 63119



18TH ANNUAL JIM SCHOEMEHL RUN FOR ALS IS OFF TO THE RACES THIS MAY

Webster Groves High School Marketing Seniors come together to fight ALS


WEBSTER GROVES, MO - APRIL 1, 2019 WGHS marketing students are joining again for the 18th annual Jim Schoemehl Run for ALS set to take place on May 4th, 2019 at 7:30 AM. ALS is a fatal, neurodegenerative disease that occurs when motor nerve cells in the nervous system malfunction and die. Because of this, people who have the disease often develop total paralysis, including losing the ability to speak. WGHS marketing aims to make a positive impact on the community and on families that are affected by ALS. We have partnered with the ALS Association and sponsored families affected by the disease every year, and have raised over $300,000 over the last 17 years. We have set goal to raise $20,000 this year.

The Jim Schoemehl Run is a student organized event focused around a 5k, 10k, and 1 mile Fun Run. Seniors in the marketing class come together to build the event from the ground up, with 25% of the proceeds going to the ALS Association and the remaining 75% to the Hart Family. Denis Hart was diagnosed with ALS in July of 2018, and has suffered many complications since. The event is themed after the Kentucky Derby, and will feature a children’s area featuring pony rides, a bounce house, and other activities, along with snacks for the attendees. To register and learn more about the run visit: jims5k.org

###